This avocado is fantastic! You will love the flavor od the avocado combined with the nuttiness of the chickpeas.
- 1 (16 oz.) can of chickpeas (or garbanzo beans)
- 1 medium avocado (halved, pitted, and flesh removed)
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3 to 5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas.
- Blend for 3 to 5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus. Add a small amount (1 to 2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).
Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.
Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|