This incredible edible Paleo ice cream will blow your socks off. Maybe not literally, but it is so creamy and sweet that it will seriously impress you. Do you know what also makes it so great?
Coconut milk is used here instead of cream to provide a paleo-friendly alternative to regular milk, which also gives the dessert an extra creamy boost. You'll also see the use of salt and lime juice which work to maintain the green opaque colors of the avocados and round out the flavor.
It is important to follow the recipe closely as to get the best result. If ice cream is not allowed to freeze completely it can change the taste and texture (which may not be as pleasant as allowing it to set entirely).
- 4 ripe avocados
- ¾ cup raw honey
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. lime Juice (preferably from fresh Limes)
- ½ tbsp.
- pink Himalayan salt
- Peel avocados or cut in half and remove the pit, scraping out the flesh. Discard the flesh.
- Smash avocado meat with a fork until consistency is smooth and without lumps. You can also smooth in a blender if you so desire.
- Add honey to avocado "meat", mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Put mixture in a blender.
- Add coconut milk to the mix.
- Blend on medium until you get a nice smooth consistency and all ingredients are blended completely.
- Place mixture in ice cream maker or a freezer safe bowl and freeze for at minimum 2 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, scoop preferred amount into a bowl and dig in!
Optional Garnishes: You can serve the ice cream with additional honey drizzled on top (although it really doesn't need it) or serve your scoops with a side of fresh blackberries or blueberries and other Paleo-friendly fruits.
Storage: Place in freezer safe, airtight container and store for up to 3 weeks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||81 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||42 g|
|Dietary Fiber||35 g|