This cool, creamy and refreshing avocado steak topper complements any cut of steak right off the grill. Just dollop right on top and witness the melty, buttery goodness adding extra flavor to the meat. Cut the avocado into chunks or mash for a finer uniformed texture. This steak topper is sure to impress.
- 1 large ripe avocado (seeded and cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lime juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh chives (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
1. Place avocado pieces, butter, parsley, lemon juice, and salt into a food processor. Pulse until mixture has a nice smooth consistency, but isn't overly processed. Remove and place into a bowl, add pepper flakes, and chopped chives. Stir through.
2. You can do this two ways. You can either spoon over cooked steaks or form into a compound butter. To form into a sliceable compound butter, scoop mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
Form into a log shape. Roll to seal, and twist opposite ends and fold under. Place into refrigerator for 2 hours before using.
3. To use, unwrap plastic wrap and cut into 1/2" to 1" slices. Place on top of cooked steaks and enjoy.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|