Jars of baby food make this carrot cake super easy to prepare and bake, and it tastes great! Pureed carrots or a combination of pureed carrots and other fruit may be used in this recipe.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 jars baby food carrots (junior size; or can use 1 small jar of each of carrots, applesauce, and apricots)
- For the Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter, softened)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk (or more as needed)
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Mix eggs, sugar and oil together until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Fold in the pureed carrots.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cream 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine and 3 ounces cream cheese.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons milk; mix until smooth and creamy. Add more milk as needed for a spreadable frosting.
Note: This cake recipe is NOT meant for babies - baby food is simply an ingredient.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|