|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 to 16|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||28%|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 33g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
You don't have to be a Bacardi Rum drinker to enjoy this tasty rum cake. This tried-and-true recipe makes the moistest cake you'll ever eat. In fact, it's the one cake that gets better with age. Although, most of the time it doesn't last very long in your refrigerator due to the temptation to have more than one bite. Simply put, a Barcardi Rum Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert choice for almost any occasion.
"Growing up in Miami, there was not one holiday party that did not include a rum cake. This reminded me of home, but I think the walnuts and pretty Bundt pan really made this a unique cake. Plus, the ease of cake mix and instant pudding made it very user friendly." —Tracy Wilk
For the Cake:
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
1/2 cup cold milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
Note: While there are multiple steps to this recipe, this rum Bundt cake is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for baking.
For the Cake
Gather the ingredients.
Sprinkle nuts on the bottom of the pan.
Combine all cake ingredients—yellow cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, cold milk, oil, and rum—in a large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes on high with an electric mixer.
Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour.
Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes, and then invert onto a serving plate.
Prick top with a fork.
To Make the Glaze
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Stir in the water and sugar.
Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in the rum. Note: Adding the rum will create a lot of steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.
Drizzle the glaze over the top of the Bacardi rum cake. Use a brush or spoon to re-glaze the cake with any drippings on the bottom of the plate.
- The longer this cake sits, the better the taste.
- Enjoy it plain, or top it with vanilla ice cream. And for an extra special treat for adults, drizzle some more rum over the ice cream.
- It's also the perfect cake to send as a gift through the mail because the rum acts as a preservative. Many of these cakes have been shipped to soldiers overseas. Some folks have even baked them in canning jars and then shipped them overseas.
How to Store and Freeze
- This rum cake can be covered or wrapped tightly with the option to leave out at room temperature for up to four days or refrigerate for up to seven days.
- Rum cake freezes beautifully. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a plastic freezer bag or airtight plastic container for 3 to 4 months. Make sure to thaw overnight in the refrigerator when ready to eat.