|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 to 16|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||26%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|Total Sugars 33g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
You don't have to be a Bacardi Rum drinker to enjoy this tasty rum cake. This tried-and-true recipe makes the moistest cake you'll ever eat. In fact, it's the one cake that gets better with age. Although, most of the time it doesn't last very long in your refrigerator due to the temptation to have more than one bite. Simply put, a Barcardi Rum Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert choice for almost any occasion.
For the Cake:
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 (18 1/2-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
1/2 cup cold milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
Note: while there are multiple steps to this recipe, this rum bundt cake is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for baking.
For the Cake
Gather the ingredients.
Sprinkle nuts on the bottom of a pan.
Combine all cake ingredients—yellow cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, cold milk, oil, and rum. Beat for 2 minutes on high with an electric mixer.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour.
Cool in pan. Invert onto serving plate.
Prick top with a fork.
To Make the Glaze
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Stir in water and sugar.
Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in rum. Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.
Drizzle glaze over top of Bacardi Rum Cake. Use brush or spoon to put extra dripping back on the cake.
Serve and enjoy!
- The longer this cake sits, the better the taste.
- Enjoy it plain, or top it with vanilla ice cream. And for an extra special treat for adults, drizzle some more rum over the ice cream.
- It's also the perfect cake to send as a gift through the mail because the rum acts as the perfect preservative. Many of these cakes have been shipped to soldiers overseas. Some folks have even baked them in canning jars and then shipped them overseas.
How to Store and Freeze
- This rum cake can be covered or wrapped tightly with the option to leave sitting out at room temperature for up to 4 days or refrigerate for up to 7 days.
- Rum cake freezes beautifully. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a plastic freezer bag or airtight plastic container for 3 to 4 months. Make sure to thaw overnight in the refrigerator when ready to eat.