|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: serves 5-6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This creamy and delicious potato salad is easy to prepare and will be a crowd pleaser. A good quality refrigerated blue cheese dressing is recommended, or one made from scratch for this recipe.
- 8 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup/360 milliliters blue cheese salad dressing (good quality chunky)
- 1/2 cup/120 milliliters mayonnaise
- 5 strips of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup/60 milliliters blue cheese (crumbled)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (cooled, peeled and chopped)
- 2 green onions (washed and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 milliliters salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 milliliters black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 milliliters mild chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 milliliters garlic powder
Gather the ingredients.
Peel potatoes and dice into 1-inch chunks.
Boil potatoes in salted water (about 1 tablespoon) until tender.
Drain potatoes and place into an ice bath for 15 minutes and drain again.
While potatoes are cooling, Combine blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder in large plastic or glass bowl.
Add potatoes, 2 of the eggs, 1/2 of the crumbled blue cheese, 1/2 of the spring onion, and 2/3 of the crumbled bacon.
Taste for salt and add more if necessary.
Spoon potato salad into serving dish and top with remaining bacon, green onion, and blue cheese.
Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
Serve and enjoy!