This creamy and delicious potato salad is easy to prepare and will be a crowd pleaser. A good quality refrigerated blue cheese dressing is recommended, or one made from scratch for this recipe.
- 8 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup/360 mL good quality chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup/120 mL mayonnaise
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup/60 mL crumbled blue cheese
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL mild chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL garlic powder
Peel potatoes and dice into 1-inch chunks. Boil potatoes in salted water (about 1 tablespoon) until tender. Drain potatoes and place into an ice bath for 15 minutes and drain again. While potatoes are cooling, Combine blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder in large plastic or glass bowl. Add potatoes, 2 of the eggs, 1/2 of the crumbled blue cheese, 1/2 of the spring onion, and 2/3 of the crumbled bacon.
Gently combine. Taste for salt and add more if necessary. Spoon potato salad into serving dish and top with remaining bacon, green onion, and blue cheese. Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|