This creamy and delicious potato salad is easy to prepare and will be a crowd pleaser. A good quality refrigerated blue cheese dressing is recommended, or one made from scratch for this recipe.
- 8 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup/360 mL good quality chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup/120 mL mayonnaise
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup/60 mL crumbled blue cheese
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL mild chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL garlic powder
- Peel potatoes and dice into 1-inch chunks.
- Boil potatoes in salted water (about 1 tablespoon) until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place into an ice bath for 15 minutes and drain again.
- While potatoes are cooling, Combine blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder in large plastic or glass bowl.
- Add potatoes, 2 of the eggs, 1/2 of the crumbled blue cheese, 1/2 of the spring onion, and 2/3 of the crumbled bacon.
- Gently combine.
- Taste for salt and add more if necessary.
- Spoon potato salad into serving dish and top with remaining bacon, green onion, and blue cheese.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|