This bacon cheddar quiche makes a fabulous brunch or lunch dish. For a delicious brunch, serve this easy quiche along with mixed fresh fruit or a tossed salad, or serve it with a cup of soup for a filling lunch or dinner. Use the included pastry recipe or a frozen-thawed pie shell if you need to cut time.
- Prepare crust for quiche. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and salt. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form; add water, a little at a time, until dough holds together and forms a ball.
- Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate or quiche pan. Trim edges, leaving a little overhang, about 1/4-inch all around the edge. Prick dough with a fork.
- Line with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake quiche crust for 10 minutes at 375 F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme, and pepper. Pour into the baked crust.
- Crumble bacon over the top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 F for about 30 minutes, or until quiche filling is set and the top is lightly browned.
Serve the quiche with fresh tomato wedges or a tossed salad.
Quiche serves 8.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|