|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 Casserole (4 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 42g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||108%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a tasty breakfast or brunch casserole for a busy day. Serve this casserole with fresh or warm fruit for an easy and satisfying breakfast.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 4 slices bread (torn, or 3 croissants, sliced and torn into 1-inch pieces)
- 8 to 12 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 10 to 15 grape tomatoes (sliced, or 2 small tomatoes, diced)
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Heat oven to 350 F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl; set aside.
Arrange torn bread over the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the bacon pieces and tomato slices. Top with Cheddar cheese then pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned.
Serves 4 to 6.