This bacon stuffed brisket is simple to prepare. Just make sure to properly seal it with bamboo skewers or kitchen twine, and you'll have a tender and delicious brisket for any occasion. I do recommend slicing and serving in sandwiches as well.
- 1 beef brisket, about 8-10 pounds/3.5-4.5 kg
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL paprika
- 1-2 bamboo skewers or kitchen twine
1. Prepare Brisket as normal. Cut into the brisket along the side making a pocket as big as you can without cutting through the other sides.
2. Combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, and black pepper a small amount of the rub to the inside of the brisket.
3. Stuff the brisket with the onion, bacon (uncooked), and minced garlic. Close pocket with bamboo skewers or kitchen twine.
4. Prepare smoker. You will want the brisket to smoke for about 8-10 hours at 200-225 degrees F.
(93-107 degrees C.)
5. Apply spice rub onto the outside brisket. Place in smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 185 degrees F. (85 degrees C.)
6.Once cooked to the appropriate temperature, remove brisket from smoker and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Let set for 20-30 minutes before slicing.
7. This brisket is fantastic sliced and served on its own with a nice table sauce. However, it also makes a great sandwich. Slice as usual and place onto lightly toasted buns or large bread sliced and top with warmed sauce. You'll have a brisket, bacon, and onion sandwich ready to go.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||60 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|