This bacon cheeseburger has the bacon and cheese stuffed inside the patty. A little surprise for a great tasting burger! The perfect recipe for a quick weeknight meal, casual cookouts, and tailgating.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (240 mL) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) Spike (orseasoned salt)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) flat beer
- Combine bacon, onion, cheddar cheese in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. You can also prepare these on the stove top or oven
- Mix ground beef, spike seasoning (or season salt), and beer together. Shape meat mixture into 6 thin patties and place onto large a parchment lined cutting board of baking sheet.
- Place bacon/onion/cheese mixture on 3 of the patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal.
- Grill, broil or pan fry until well done (internal temperature of 165 degrees F.), about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once cooked through, remove patties from heat and place onto toasted buns. Top with your favorite condiments and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||55 g|
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|