Premade refrigerated crescent roll dough is the holy grail of bread dough. It comes in a can and makes fluffy and delicious rolls in minutes. They are even better when they are stuffed with bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese.
Although making recipes completely from scratch is always delicious, there is something sacred and special about crescent rolls. It's probably because so many people enjoy them during the holidays and they hold a special place in many people's hearts! You can't go wrong with using puff pastry or homemade dough for this recipe either.
These are beautiful little breakfast sandwiches without any over-the-edge bread spillage. Since they're all rolled up, they are easy to grab and eat. It's the perfect quick-and-easy, not to mention grab-and-go breakfast.
Make a big batch for Christmas morning or for a brunch. They also can be baked and frozen to be reheated when you are ready to enjoy them!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 extra-large eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Gather the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Heat the tablespoon of butter in an omelet pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
Pour the eggs into the omelet pan and scramble until completely cooked. Set aside.
Chop the bacon finely and set aside.
Unroll the crescent dough and separate the triangles.
Place a tablespoon of the egg mixture, and a sprinkle of bacon and cheese over the egg.
Roll up the triangle as you would a regular crescent roll.
Place the roll on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
- Stuff the crescent roll dough with sausage instead of bacon and other kinds of cheese instead of cheddar.
- You also can skip the scrambled eggs if you want to and just do bacon and cheese.
- If you like it spicy, you can serve with a little hot sauce after they are baked.
- You also can brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter for a little extra buttery flavor!