|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 16 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These delicious Bacon Hash Brown Rollups are stored in your freezer, then reheated in the microwave when you want to eat them. They're perfect and easy to make for breakfast on the run, and are especially good on busy school mornings.
You can double or triple this recipe if you'd like to have a whole stash of these wonderful egg burritos in the freezer. Serve them with some orange juice or a fruit salad, and get a great start to your day.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 16 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and brown the Canadian bacon and hash browns until the potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and salsa; beat well until combined. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet with the bacon and potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the flour tortillas, sprinkle with the cheese, and roll up. Place the roll-ups in freezer bags and freeze until frozen solid.
- When you are ready to serve, place each burrito in the microwave, covered with a microwave-safe paper towel, and heat for about 1 to 2 minutes on high power for each burrito. You may have to adjust the heating time for your microwave oven. Cook until the interior is at least 165°F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Microwave-safe paper towels are sometimes labeled. If they are not, use white paper towels, not brown, and avoid those with printed patterns on them.