|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 52g||66%|
|Saturated Fat 23g||115%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
To whip up a quick and easy meaty pizza, use a premade crust. Pre-bake your pizza crust before you add the toppings to avoid a soggy pizza crust. If you make your own dough, or if you buy some from your local pizza place or use pizza dough from a tube, roll it out and pre-bake it. Your pizzas will be much better.
Cook the bacon to a crisp consistency for this recipe, otherwise it will become too soft in the sour cream sauce and cheese. You can certainly add more bacon if you'd like. You can use other cheeses in this easy recipe. Havarti, Swiss, Gruyere, Monterey Jack, or pepper Jack for a bit of spice would all be wonderful.
You might want to double this recipe and make two pizzas. They'll go fast. Serve for an easy dinner along with a green salad or as a fun snack at your next game day gathering.
- 1/2 yeast pizza dough recipe (or 1 prepared, precooked crust)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 1 pound bacon (cooked crisp, drained on paper towels, and crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or Muenster cheese; shredded)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 425 F. If using an uncooked yeast crust, shape on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes. If using a prebaked crust, there's no need to bake before adding toppings.
Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute onions and garlic until tender, about 6-7 minutes.
Add the flour, paprika, and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Add the sour cream, thyme, and marjoram leaves and cook until thickened, about 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the mustard.
Spread this sauce over the prebaked crust.
Top with the bacon and cheeses.
Bake for 9-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Cut into squares or triangles and serve.
- If you're using raw pizza dough, use your hands to stretch it out and shape it until nice and thin.
- There is no need to use a pizza stone. A pizza stone has to heat up for a long time in the oven before it is hot enough to use. This pizza will become crisp and crusty when baked on a thin metal cookie sheet.
For less fat and sodium, you could use 1 cup chopped Canadian bacon instead of cooked strip bacon, or add some pepperoni. True meat lovers may want to use both.