These tasty chicken bites are great for a party or game day snack. Or serve as an entree for a delicious family meal. Serve with chipotle mayonnaise, mustard mayo, sweet and sour sauce, or your favorite dips. To avoid a messy pan cleanup, be sure to line the baking pan with foil or use a disposable pan.
Love these flavors but looking for a deep fried alternative? These chicken and bacon bites are battered and fried, a delicious "Southern Fried" snack. Serve with sweet and sour sauce or a mustard mayonnaise.
- For the Basting Sauce:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- For the Chicken:
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast halves
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked bacon (thin slices)
- 1 Dash Creole seasoning or seasoned salt blend
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 F. Line a roasting pan or large jelly roll pan with foil and place a cake cooling rack in the pan. Or, use a disposable pan with rack.
- Combine the brown sugar, honey, mustard, and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wash chicken and pat dry; sprinkle with Creole seasoning or seasoned salt. Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks or strips.
- Cut the bacon into thirds crosswise. for larger chunks of chicken, cut bacon in halves.
- Wrap each chicken chunk with a piece of bacon; arrange, seam side down, on the rack. Repeat with the remaining chicken chunks and bacon. For larger chunks, feel free to use toothpicks to fasten the bacon securely.
- Sprinkle the bacon wrapped chicken with black pepper. Baste with the sauce and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until bacon is crisp, basting frequently and turning about halfway through the baking time.
Makes about 2 1/2 to 3 dozen bacon wrapped chicken bites.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|