This is one of the easiest ways to add delicious flavor to a steak. While filet mignon rarely needs help in the flavor department, bacon just seems to make it better. If you can find a pre-wrapped steak, then that is a plus, however, wrapping the steak yourself will give you the option of what type of bacon to use. I recommend thick cut or black pepper bacon for this dish.
- 4 filets mignon (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat. Season both sides of steak with salt and black pepper.
- Carefully wrap steaks with bacon. You might need to cut the bacon if it is too long. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place on to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Bacon should be nicely browned, but not overly crispy.
- Once cooked to desired doneness, remove steaks from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|