Chicken and bacon bites are delicious with prepared sweet and sour sauce or prepare your favorite dipping sauces.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 12 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 quart oil (for deep frying; or more or less as needed)
- Wrap each piece of chicken in a bacon piece and secure with a toothpick.
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, and water. Add flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt and baking powder, stirring to make a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in the deep fryer to 370 F.
- Dip each bacon-wrapped piece of chicken into batter. Fry in batches until crispy and golden (about 4 minutes).
- Check a piece in the first batch to make sure the chicken is cooked through and adjust time as necessary.
- Transfer the chicken bites to paper towels to drain. If necessary, keep warm on a cookie sheet in a warming drawer or 200 F oven.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|