Only 3 simple ingredients create this very delicious hors d'oeuvres. Sticky, rich dates are stuffed with quality Parmesan cheese, wrapped with smokey bacon and baked to perfection. Amazing!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Wolfgang Puck.
Check out More Oscar Party Recipes.
- 18 large dates (preferably Medjool, slit lengthwise and pitted)
- 18 pieces (good-quality Parmesan cheese, preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano, each about 1 by 1/4 inch)
- 6 slices bacon (good-quality, smoked, cut crosswise into thirds)
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Insert a piece of Parmesan into each date. Then, wrap each date with 1 piece of bacon, securing it with a wooden toothpick. Arrange the dates 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Then, using tongs, turn the dates over. Continue baking until the bacon is crisp, 5 to 6 minutes longer.
- With the tongs, transfer the dates to paper towels to drain, carefully patting them dry with more paper towels. Serve immediately.
Find the best Gourmet Specialty Foods, Supplies, and Cookware
- Top Ten Gourmet Food Shops
- Best Places to Buy Quality Meats - Beef, Pork, & Lamb
- Where to Buy the Best Seafood
- Best Places To Buy Kitchen Tools Online
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|