Black beans, black-eyed peas, and corn-simple ingredients are frequently used in Bahamian cooking and are mixed with a spicy vinaigrette for a refreshing and healthy summer dish. These dishes serve as an ideal complement to grilled foods such as chicken and red snapper.
- 2 cans black beans (drained)
- 2 cans black-eyed peas (drained)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 large onion (sweet, diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh, minced)
- Place beans, black-eyed peas, Bell pepper and garlic in a medium size bowl.
- To make the dressing, place vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the beans, peas and vegetables.
- Add the minced cilantro and gently stir to mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten.
Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|