These cinnamon baked apples are made with red hots candy, butter, and raisins. Serve warm or cold, topped with whipped cream, for a sweet and spicy treat. They make the perfect dessert companion to a hearty winter's meal or serve them up for an afternoon snack.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons red hot cinnamon drop candies
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 6 cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- Whipped cream
- In a small saucepan combine water, sugar, red hot cinnamon drops, and corn syrup; heat over medium heat until candy dissolves.
- Meanwhile peel apples about 1/3 of the way down from the top. Core but do not cut all the way through the bottom.
- Place apples in a 9-inch square baking dish. In the center of each apple place 1 teaspoon butter and 1 tablespoon raisins.
- Pour syrup over apples. Bake at 400 F for 35 to 45 minutes, frequently basting with syrup, or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with whipped cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|