These delicious chicken drumsticks are baked with garlic and olive oil, then they're coated with hot sauce and drizzled with Ranch or blue cheese dressing. These make a great snack or dinner entree, delicious with fries or a rice dish.
Be sure to serve these flavorful chicken drumsticks with more dressing on the side.
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken legs (about 10 to 12 drumsticks)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (put through a press or finely minced)
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil and then place a cake cooling rack* in the pan.
- Pat the chicken pieces with paper towels to dry thoroughly. Toss the chicken with the olive oil and garlic.
- Arrange the chicken legs on the rack and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn and bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Increase heat to 400 F and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, until nicely browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and hot sauce. Toss the hot cooked drumsticks with the sauce mixture.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and drizzle with Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing.
- Serve the drumsticks with more dressing on the side.
Tips and Variations
- For extra heat, add some ground cayenne pepper (to taste) to the hot sauce and butter mixture.
- Use all or part chicken thighs along with the drumsticks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|