Baked cheddar chicken is easy and delicious. Tender and crispy, cheesy and savory, serve this one with mashed potatoes and peas, with a lemon meringue pie for dessert. Your family will love it.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On plate, combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and garlic.
- Then on another plate, combine cheese, bread crumbs, crushed cereal, Parmesan cheese, and thyme.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and shake off excess. Then dip into the egg mixture. Finally, press into cheese mixture to coat.
- Place chicken on wire rack in jelly roll pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until chicken registers 160 F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||94 g|
|Saturated Fat||32 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|