Baked cheddar chicken is easy and delicious. Tender and crispy, cheesy and savory, serve this one with mashed potatoes and peas, with a lemon meringue pie for dessert. Your family will love it.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 350 F.
On plate, combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
In a shallow bowl, beat together egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and garlic.
Then on another plate, combine cheese, breadcrumbs, crushed cereal, Parmesan cheese, and thyme.
Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and shake off excess. Then dip into the egg mixture. Finally, press into cheese mixture to coat.
Place chicken on wire rack in the jelly roll pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until chicken registers 160 F on a meat thermometer.