|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This low-fat baked chicken and rice dish has become a staple in many American households. It's quick and easy to prepare, and the whole family will eat it.
- 4 (5-6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounces can dice tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped, about 3/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach (chopped; 1/2 a six-ounce bag)
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish that can accommodate the chicken in one layer.
Combine uncooked rice, chicken broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic and oregano in a medium bowl.
Stir in chopped spinach.
Spoon mixture over chicken.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F) and rice is tender.
Per Serving: Calories 372, Calories from Fat 23, Total Fat 2.5g (sat 0.6g), Cholesterol 82mg, Sodium 266mg, Carbohydrate 48.3g, Fiber 3.8g, Protein 38.9g