|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 60g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||20%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This low-fat baked chicken and rice dish has become a staple in many American households. It's quick and easy to prepare, and the whole family can enjoy it.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 ounce each)
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can dice tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped, about 3/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach (chopped; 1/2 of a 6-ounce bag)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish that can accommodate the chicken in one layer.
Combine uncooked rice, chicken broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic and oregano in a medium bowl.
Stir in chopped spinach.
Spoon mixture over chicken.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (165 F) and rice is tender.
Serve and enjoy!