This low-fat baked chicken and rice dish have become a staple in our house. It's quick and easy to prepare, and the whole family will eat it.
- 4 (5-6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounces can dice tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped, about 3/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach (chopped; 1/2 a six-ounce bag)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish that can accommodate the chicken in one layer.
- Combine uncooked rice, chicken broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic and oregano in a medium bowl.
- Stir in chopped spinach.
- Spoon mixture over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F) and rice is tender.
Per Serving: Calories 372, Calories from Fat 23, Total Fat 2.5g (sat 0.6g), Cholesterol 82mg, Sodium 266mg, Carbohydrate 48.3g, Fiber 3.8g, Protein 38.9g
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|