Marsala is Italy's most famous version of fortified wine and it makes an outstanding sweet sauce when used in this easy baked chicken marsala recipe. Prep time is shorter than you'd expect for this classic crowd-pleaser, giving you plenty of time to prepare your sides.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup crushed Italian flavored croutons
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (baby portabella is a favorite)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- Put thawed chicken breasts in a large ziploc bag and pound chicken into thinner portions with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Next, crush the croutons in another ziploc bag until they are fairly fine.
- Melt a half cup of butter in a saucepan with the crushed garlic clove. Then, dredge the chicken through the butter and place in the ziploc bag with the crushed croutons to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Place the crouton crusted chicken into a shallow baking dish. Melt a little more butter and add a touch of olive oil to saute the mushrooms and add the sherry once the mushrooms get soft.
- Let it all simmer for another minute or so.
- Pour the sauteed mushroom mixture over the coated chicken breasts.
- Add salt and pepper and a dash of paprika if you like, and then bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with fresh parsley.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||50 g|
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|