This delicious chicken has loads of lemon and garlic flavor. Use dried tarragon or thyme to season the chicken, or use an herb blend or seasoning salt.
Feel free to use chicken leg quarters or bone-in chicken breasts in place of the quartered chicken.
- 12 to 18 small white onions, peeled*
- 1 fryer chicken, about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds
- 1/2 cup white wine (dry)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 to 7 tablespoons lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon tarragon (or use dried leaf thyme)
*If using fresh onions, cut an X on the root end, boil for 3 minutes then cool in ice water and slip skins off.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil. Heat oven to 375°.
- Quarter the chicken. Arrange the chicken pieces in the prepared baking dish with the peeled onions.
- Combine wine, broth, garlic, lemon juice, and tarragon or thyme; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Baste and return to bake for 45 to 55 minutes longer, or until chicken is cooked through and browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||61 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|