This baked cod is a snap to prepare. And even kids who don't normally like fish will find themselves drawn to this recipe because of the cornflake crumb topping. It's crunchy and savory and made with something kids already like - cornflake crumbs!
Try serving this cod with roasted potatoes and green beans with walnuts and browned butter.
- 1 tablespoon. olive oil
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil over a baking sheet.
- Brush mustard over cod fillets.
- Stir together cornflake crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over cod fillets, pressing lightly with your fingers to make sure the crumbs adhere.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily with a fork.
The baking time will depend on how thick the fillets are. Check at 15 minutes. If not done, continue baking, checking every 2 minutes until done.
Don't Miss: Fish Recipes for Kids
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|