This simple baked rice is flavored with curry powder, butter, and vegetables. The recipe calls for peas, but I used a carrots and peas mixture for more color and flavor.
Enjoy this flavorful rice with chicken or fish.
Spring Vegetable Risotto
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pimiento (or roasted red pepper)
- In a large Dutch oven or covered casserole, combine boiling water, salt, rice, butter and curry powder.
- Cover and bake at 375 F for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Check the rice near the end of the cooking time, Add more hot water if necessary.
- Stir the hot cooked peas into the rice mixture with pimiento.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|