Deep fried falafel not in your diet? Try it baked! Baked falafel is still crunchy on the outside and delicious on the inside.
Baked falafel can be served the same way fried falafel would be served. Try it in a pita sandwich with tahini and veggies or on a platter with some hummus and a Middle Eastern salad. French fries are sometimes added to the pita with the falafel instead of vegetables.
- 1 15 to 19 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drizzle olive oil evenly in shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- While oven is preheating, mash chickpeas with mortar and pestle or in food processor. Add onions and garlic and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients to make a thick paste-like consistency.
- Shape into ping pong size balls and place in preheated baking dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|