Fillet of sole is poached then added to a creamy sauce and broiled to brown.
- 1 tablespoon parsley, freshly chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 pounds sole fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, put parsley, green onions, salt, pepper, white wine and water; bring to a boil.
- Add fish and poach for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove fish to a lightly buttered shallow baking dish.
- Continue cooking water and wine mixture until liquid has reduced to about 1 cup.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter; stir in the flour, stirring until a smooth paste is formed.
- Gradually add the reduced liquid and heavy cream, stirring over low heat.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add remaining butter; pour over fish. Place fish under broiler until nicely browned.
More Flounder Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||58 g|
|Saturated Fat||25 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|