Thin flounder fillets are perfect for stuffing. These flounder fillets are rolled around a savory seasoned spinach mixture. It's surprising how easy this elegant dish is to make! Just cook the spinach, stuff the flounder, and bake. Serve the fish with the simple white sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- 5 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/4 cup onion (minced)
- 1 package/10 ounces spinach (chopped, cooked, cooled, and squeezed dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds flounder fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine (dry)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup milk
- Garnish: fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: paprika
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Stir in spinach, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Put about 1 1/2 tablespoons spinach mixture on each flounder fillet; roll up.
- Put the fish rolls in baking dish, seam side down. Add wine.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes at 350 F.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid.
- Keep fish warm.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add flour, salt, pepper, and mustard. Add reserved liquid and milk.
- Stir until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over stuffed flounder rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika just before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|