|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 8 to 10|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 51g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Baked French toast is so easy to prepare the night before, and you've never had moister, fluffier results! This French toast could be served as a dessert bread pudding as well.
Serve with your favorite syrup and orange wedges or other fresh fruit.
- 1 loaf French bread (about 1 pound)
- 8 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups milk (whole)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- Optional: 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Slice bread into 1-inch slices, about 18 to 20 slices. Arrange bread slices in the baking pan, arranging a second layer overlapping the first.
- Whisk together the eggs with milk, 1/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Feel free to use a blender for the milk mixture.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread, pressing the bread down lightly all over to be sure it will soak up the milk mixture. Cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar with the flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, pinch salt, and 4 tablespoons butter. Blend well. Add pecans, if using. Sprinkle over the soaked bread and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes, until nicely browned.