This easy baked chicken gets flavor from slices of pineapple, soy sauce, and ginger. It's a tasty recipe and so easy to fix and bake. Bone-in chicken pieces are easy on the budget, too!
This recipe will easily feed 8 people, but it can be scaled down for a smaller family. Or double it for a potluck or family gathering. You could also use pineapple chunks or tidbits in the recipe.
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple in juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 frying chickens, quartered (about 5 to 6 pounds chicken pieces)
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Drain the sliced pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Set pineapple slices aside.
- In a roasting pan, combine reserved 1/4 cup of pineapple juice, the soy sauce, chopped green onion, ginger, and garlic powder. Add chicken pieces, turning to coat thoroughly. Arrange the chicken skin-side up.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. According to the USDA, the minimum safe temperature for chicken is 165 F (74 C).
- Add pineapple slices to the roasting pan and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Arrange chicken on a serving platter with the pineapple slices. Skim off excess fat and spoon juices over chicken and pineapple.
- Serve the chicken with hot cooked rice or Asian-style noodles.
Tips and Variations
- Add sweet red and green bell pepper strips to the pan along with the chicken pieces.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|