Although found in a Vietnamese cookbook, this chicken wings recipe is actually a Chinese dish. Author Diana My-tran states: When I was a secretary, I had a Chinese boss (and best friend) who introduced this wonderful appetizer to me. It was always a great hit at the office lunches.)
- 15 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon honey or syrup
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 scallion (green onion, spring onion, finely minced)
- 1 slice fresh ginger (minced)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Marinate chicken wings for 15 minutes in a mixture of honey, hoisin sauce, water, salt, pepper, garlic, scallion, and ginger.
- Heat oven to 350F. Place chicken wings on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade.
- Turn oven to broil and broil chicken wings five more minutes. Turn wings every two minutes to avoid burning.
To serve: Transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.