Although found in a Vietnamese cookbook, this chicken wings recipe is actually a Chinese dish. Author Diana My-tran states: When I was a secretary, I had a Chinese boss (and best friend) who introduced this wonderful appetizer to me. It was always a great hit at the office lunches.)
More Chicken Wings Recipes
- 15 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon honey or syrup
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 scallion (green onion, spring onion), finely minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger, minced
1. Marinate chicken wings for 15 minutes in a mixture of honey, hoisin sauce, water, salt, pepper, garlic, scallion, and ginger.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken wings on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade.
3. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken wings five more minutes. Turn wings every two minutes to avoid burning.
To serve: Transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Reprinted with permission from The Vietnamese Cookbook by Diana My-Tran.
Reader Rating For Baked Hoisin Chicken Wings: 5 out of 5 stars
Comments: “Very authentic and tasty. My husband is Asian-American. He said this is exactly as his sister makes it, except she would lightly sautee it instead of baking. But this seems less fattening.”
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||176 g|
|Saturated Fat||49 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||70 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|