Although found in a Vietnamese cookbook, this chicken wings recipe is actually a Chinese dish. Author Diana My-tran states: When I was a secretary, I had a Chinese boss (and best friend) who introduced this wonderful appetizer to me. It was always a great hit at the office lunches.)
- 15 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon honey or syrup
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 scallion (green onion, spring onion, finely minced)
- 1 slice fresh ginger (minced)
Marinate chicken wings for 15 minutes in a mixture of honey, hoisin sauce, water, salt, pepper, garlic, scallion, and ginger.
Heat oven to 350F.
Place chicken wings on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade.
Turn oven to broil and broil chicken wings five more minutes. Turn wings every two minutes to avoid burning.
To serve: Transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and serve hot or at room temperature.