These loin lamb chops are seared and then baked in a simple tomato sauce mixture. Serve the lamb chops with summer squash or zucchini and baked potatoes or rice.
Lamb Chops with Mushrooms
- 3 loin lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat; add the lamb chops and cook, turning to brown both sides.
- Place the chops in a baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the skillet and stir to loosen browned bits. Add remaining ingredients to skillet then pour over the lamb chops. Alternatively, if the skillet is oven-safe, leave the chops in the skillet.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||60 g|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|