These basic, flavorful meatballs are perfect for a spaghetti dinner, or add a marinara sauce and make tasty meatball sandwiches. Baking ensures even cooking and leaves them juicy and delicious.
These meatballs are rolled in fine dry bread crumbs before they are baked. Use Parmesan or garlic seasoned bread crumbs if you like.
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, or about 1/3 cup finely grated
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs, divided
- Heat oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Line a large baking pan with foil.
- Combine the beef, egg, Parmesan cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne, parsley flakes, garlic, and 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs. Mix until well blended. Form into 1-inch meatballs and roll in the remaining bread crumbs. Arrange on the baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
Makes about 2 dozen meatballs.
- To check meatballs for doneness, test a few with an instant-read thermometer. Ground beef must be cooked to a minimum safe temperature of 160 F (71.1 C).
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|