Pork chop cutlets are battered, fried and then baked with broccoli and rice and cream. Enjoy this delicious pork chop meal with biscuits and a tossed salad.
The pork chops are baked with the broccoli, but feel free to steam the broccoli separately.
- 4 pork chop cutlets
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (or crushed saltines)
- 1 package frozen broccoli (chopped or florets, thawed, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- cooked rice
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish.
- Place the pork cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer to thin and flatten.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg and milk. In another bowl combine the curry powder and bread crumbs.
- Dip the pork cutlets in the milk mixture, then dredge in crumbs to coat well.
- Melt a small amount of butter in skillet over medium heat and brown the pork, turning to brown both sides. Remove the pork to the prepared baking dish.
- Surround cutlets with broccoli.
- Saute tomatoes and mushrooms in additional butter in the skillet. Spoon the vegetables over the pork chops. Pour cream over all.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve with hot cooked rice.
You Might Also Like