This recipe for Baked Sole with Mango can be made with other fruits that are both sweet and tart. Consider using apricots, peaches, or nectarines if you can't find ripe mangoes.
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lbs. sole fillets
- 1 cup chopped mango, peaches, or nectarines
- 1 tsp. grated ginger root
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- dash white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place fillets in a single layer in glass baking dish. Mix soy sauce with garlic and spread over fish.
2. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate.
3. Combine mango, ginger, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Spread this mixture evenly over the fish and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|