Use these pumpkins to serve pumpkin pudding or custard, or fill the warm pumpkins with scoops of vanilla ice cream or a serving of apple cobbler.
I fill these pumpkins with pumpkin rice pudding.
- 6 mini pumpkins, about 3 to 3 1/2 inches in diameter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°. F.
- Cut the tops off of the pumpkins, cutting about 1/3 of the way down so the whole top will come off. Scoop out seeds and scrape soft fibers out of the mini pumpkins. Scoop out of the top, also.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon; put a few teaspoons in each pumpkin, brushing or swirling to coat the sides; brush more on the inside of the tops.
- Place the tops on the pumpkins. Arrange the pumpkins in a jelly roll pan or large baking pan with sides.
- Pour 3 to 4 cups of water in the pan, or to a depth of about 1/2 inch. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the pumpkins are tender.
Use these pumpkins to serve pumpkin pudding or custard, or fill the warm pumpkins with scoops of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|