- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds halibut fillets (cut into 6- to 8-ounce portions)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika (sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Heat the oven to 400 F and position the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking dish with foil and grease with olive oil.
- Wash halibut fillets and pat dry. Rub the fillets all over with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Dip the tops of the fillets lightly in the seasoning mixture, or sprinkle with the mixture if you'd like a more lightly seasoned fish.
- Place the fillets in the prepared baking pan, seasoned side up. Bake the halibut for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fillets are cooked through ( a little less time if you sear the tops before baking).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|