This easy baked succotash casserole is made with milk, eggs, and a cracker crumb topping.
- 2 cans/15 ounces (each) whole kernel corn
- 1 can/15 to 16 ounces lima beans (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups light cream or evaporated milk
- 1 cup/4 ounces Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese (shredded)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup green onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons pimiento (chopped)
- 1 dash black pepper (ground)
- 2 cups/40 saltine crackers (coarsely crumbled, divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Drain corn, reserving liquid. Add water, if necessary, to corn liquid to make 3/4 cup of liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn liquid, corn, drained lima beans, cream or milk, shredded cheese, eggs, green onion, pimiento, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of the cracker crumbs.
- Turn into the greased casserole dish.
- Toss the remaining cracker crumbs with the melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|