These crowd-pleasing sugared pecans are an easy snack to make for a game day gathering, parties, or holiday guests. The pecans are coated with a very simple mixture of egg whites, brown sugar, and vanilla, which gives them a crunchy candy-like outer shell.
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the oven to 250° F (130° C/Gas 1/2). Grease a baking pan or line with foil and grease the foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg white until foamy.
- Slowly beat the brown sugar and flour mixture into the egg white. Add the vanilla extract and then fold in the pecan halves.
- Arrange the pecans in a single layer in the prepared baking pan and bake for about 45 to 55 minutes, stirring about every 15 to 20 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|