|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes 3 to 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This tilapia recipe is an excellent choice for a low carb diet. For that matter, it's a healthy choice no matter what diet you follow. The simple garlic and herb mixture flavors the fish perfectly, and the dish takes just minutes to prepare and bake.
To keep the meal low in carbohydrates, serve the tilapia with mashed cauliflower and this simple broccoli with garlic. Or serve the fish fillets with a rice dish or roasted potatoes and steamed green beans.
This tilapia recipe allows about 4 ounces of cooked fish per person. Double the recipe for larger portions or more dinner guests. A 6-ounce tilapia fillet will yield about 4 to 5 ounces of cooked fish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Dash salt
- Pinch dried dill weed (or parsley)
- Dash paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
Gather the ingredients.
In a saucepan, combine the butter, minced garlic, pepper, salt, dill weed, and paprika. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and begins to simmer.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
Brush a little of the butter mixture in the bottom of a shallow baking dish (line baking dish with foil, if desired) then place tilapia fillets on the buttered area.
Brush top of each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture.
Bake at 350 F for 12 to 15 minutes, until it flakes and separates easily with a fork.
- Cook fish to a temperature of 145 F or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. If you aren't serving the fish immediately, keep it warm in a 200 F oven or warming drawer.
- To lessen the problem of fish flaking and falling apart, cook it in small individual au gratin baking dishes you can serve at the table.