Panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese provide a crispy, delicious coating for these turkey cutlets, and they take just minutes to bake.
Serve these flavorful cutlets with a tomato chutney or your favorite dip, or make a meal with a rice or potato dish and salad. They would also make a tasty addition to a tossed salad or Caesar salad.
- salt to taste
- black pepper taste
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds turkey cutlets (or thin cut turkey scallopini)
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat the oven to 450 F.
- Line a large baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray (jelly roll pan, baking pan, or roasting pan).
- Sprinkle the turkey cutlets all over with the salt and pepper.
- Set up three breading trays or shallow bowls. Put flour in a breading tray or bowl. In another breading tray or bowl, combine the crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Beat the eggs, egg whites, water, and Dijon together and pour into another tray or bowl.
- One at a time, dip cutlets in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, then dredge in the crumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the cutlets on the prepared baking pan. Spray the cutlets lightly with olive oil or canola oil spray or drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake cutlets for 10 to 15 minutes, or longer if your turkey cutlets are thick. To be sure, use an instant-read food thermometer. The temperature should be at least 165 F on a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a cutlet.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|