In Greek: συναγρίδα στο φούρνο, pronounced see-nahgh-REE-thah stoh FOOR-no
I love red snapper and dentex, but I can only find it in the freezer section of the market here in my little village. This is an easy recipe to make, and a lovely meal served with any vegetable dish that also calls for latholemono sauce, and green salad.
- 2 1/4 pounds red snapper (whole and frozen or dentex)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Latholemono (Oil and Lemon) Sauce:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons)
- Garnish: 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 395 F (200 C).
- Rub the fish with olive oil and wrap individually in foil. Place in a roasting pan and bake at 395 F (200 C) for one hour.
- Unwrap the fish. With a fork, gently remove the skin and head. Open the fish from the top (fin) side into two pieces. Remove innards and bones. Turn the fish over and carefully remove skin from the other side.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice with a wire whisk or in blender.
- Place fish in a single layer in a serving dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley. Spoon latholemono (oil and lemon sauce) over the fish and serve.