Sweet and tart from the cherry preserves and balsamic vinegar, this barbecue sauce is perfect for any cut of chicken. Slather this rich and flavorful glaze on wings, thighs, breast meat, or on a rotisserie chicken. Adjust the chipotle chili powder to your liking or simply replace with plain chili powder to add an earthy flavor with less heat.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup/80 mL cherry preserves
- 1/3 cup/80 mL ketchup
- 1/4 cup/60 mL brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Once cooked through, remove from heat and allow to cool before applying to chicken. If making ahead of time, cool sauce completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|