- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put the chicken in a glass or plastic container or food storage bag.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, oregano, basil, thyme and pepper. Whisk to blend.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken and turn to coat thoroughly. Cover the container or seal the bag and refrigerate.
- Let the chicken marinate from 1 to 6 hours.
- Grill the chicken on a grill or in a grill pan, turning to brown both sides until cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. Standard chicken breasts will take about 6 to 8 minutes on each side, but thinner cutlets will take less time.
- When done, the chicken will register at least 165 F on an instant-read food thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- To broil, line a baking pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the chicken on the foil.
- Broil the chicken for 10 to 16 minutes, turning at least once during the broiling time (thinner chicken cutlets might take less time).
- Watch carefully and check for doneness with a food thermometer. It will register at least 165 F when the chicken is done.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|