Tangy, complex balsamic vinegar and a touch of salt turn olive oil and sautéed peppers into a great side dish for a hearty entrée like Sirloin Croquettes.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 large orange or yellow bell pepper (seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, stir together the olive oil and peppers over medium heat. Saute the pepper for 5-7 minutes, until they are tender but still firm. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt; cook for an additional 1 minute. Transfer the peppers and sauce to a dish and serve hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|