|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||23%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The tangy, deep flavor of aged balsamic vinegar is a wonderful way to enhance a simple side dish like roasted vegetables. The vinegar helps caramelize the potatoes, carrots, and red onions, creating a subtle sweetness and dark-colored exterior, and green beans add a bright finish to the dish. Feel free to swap out or add other favorite vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts. Serve these balsamic vegetables with roasted poultry or meat, or make part of a vegetarian meal.
- 4 cups red potatoes (cubed and unpeeled)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large red onion (sliced into 1/4-wide strips)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup green beans (sliced)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Toss the prepared potatoes, carrots, and onions with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and herbs. Arrange the vegetables in a lightly oiled, large roasting pan.
Roast the prepared vegetables for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Add the cut green beans to the pan and roast the vegetables for an additional 10 minutes.
Arrange the roasted vegetables on a serving platter and season them with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy.
- So the vegetables brown nicely and develop a crispy exterior, make sure not to crowd the pan, spacing the vegetables out so they do not touch each other. If they are too close, they will steam and become mushy. Use a second baking sheet if necessary.
- If you are roasting more than one baking sheet at a time, rotate the pans to assure even cooking. Better yet, if your oven has the convection setting, use that—just be sure to set the temperature 25 F lower.