Rarely does a gadget come along that is simple and cheap to buy but is also worth its weight in gold. The banana bag is one such item.
No More Black Bananas With This Attractive Yellow Banana Bag
Using this simple drawstring bag (29 x 35cm (11½" x 13¾") from Lakeland, pop the bananas in, tie the drawstring, put the bag with the bananas in, the fridge into the fridge and they will keep for up to THREE weeks. Yes, you heard me correctly - three weeks.
The bag holds around 5 medium sized bananas, enough for a family. If the bag gets well used and needs a little freshening up, simply wipe with warm water and a little bicarbonate of soda.
There are, however, a few small drawbacks to this clever little gadget.
- Once the bag is filled with bananas, it does take up a lot of fridge space. That is fine if you have a large fridge, but for some, it would be a little too much.
- Whatever the state of the bananas when you store them in the bag, they remain the same, meaning any under-ripe bananas will remain in that state until you choose to use them.
All that said, this is still a super easy gadget that will earn its keep in just a few weeks. The idea is so simple, I wonder why it has not been thought of before.
The Pros of the Banana Bag
- Cheap to buy
- Saves lots of money.
- Easy to clean.
- Easy to use.
- Works immediately.
- Long lasting, the bag should last for years.
- The bag, once filled with bananas, takes up a lot of fridge space.
- The bananas remain at the same state you put them into the bag. They will not ripen in there, so make sure they are at a state you wish when you put them in.