Here is a great recipe for adapting the flavors of a Banana Daiquiri into a jelly (Jell-O) shot.
Try this recipe to get the hang of making jelly shots then adapt your other favorite cocktails into these party favorites.
This recipe is for a single, 3-ounce box of gelatin, which is the most common size. It will make about 16 1-ounce shots and you can multiply the recipe to make more or to fit bigger cups.
Got the jelly shot-making technique down? Check out these 10 Fun Jell-O Shots from Popular Cocktails.
- 1 package/3 ounces unflavored gelatin (or banana-flavored gelatin)
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 3 ounces rum
- 2 ounces crème de banana liqueur
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1/4 cup water (cold)
- Optional: food coloring
- Mix the liquors with cold water and chill in the refrigerator so they are a consistent temperature.
- Pour gelatin into a bowl.
- Add boiling water, stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in chilled liquor and water mix and food coloring (optional).
- Pour into shot glasses, molds, or a baking pan for a sheet of gelatin to cut up once set. Tip: The small, plastic shot cups are perfect because the drinker can just squeeze the shot out.
- Refrigerate until the liquid sets. (At least 2 hours, but overnight refrigeration is recommended)
- Serve cold.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|