Transform the delicious banana daiquiri into a sweet little jello shot for your next party! These rum- and banana-spiked gelatin treats are a lot of fun to eat and surprisingly easy to make.
Banana daiquiri jello shots bring everything that's great about the original cocktail into the jiggly world of party shots. You'll use rum, banana liqueur, and triple sec to spike banana-flavored gelatin and pour it into your desired molds. Let it set up and you're ready for the party!
Gather the ingredients.
Mix the liquors with cold water and chill in the refrigerator so they are a consistent temperature.
In a mixing bowl, add the gelatin, then stir in the boiling water until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
Stir in the chilled liquor and water mix and food coloring (if using).
Pour into shot glasses, molds, or a baking pan for a sheet of gelatin to cut up once set.
Refrigerate until the liquid sets (at least 2 hours, but overnight is recommended).
Serve cold and enjoy!
- This recipe is for a single, 3-ounce box of gelatin, which is the most common size. It will make about 16 1-ounce shots and you can multiply the recipe to make more or to fit bigger cups.
- Food coloring isn't necessary unless you want to enhance or change the color of your shots. Banana gelatin will create a yellow shot, and keep in mind that this base will affect the final color (e.g., adding blue food coloring will create green shots).
- Small plastic shot cups are good molds to use because the drinker can just squeeze the shot out. If you're transporting the shots, be sure to get cups with lids.
- Switch out the flavor of gelatin if you like; banana simply enhances the primary flavor. Lime gelatin would be a good neutral daiquiri base.
- You can also add to your fruity daiquiri or switch it up entirely with different gelatin flavors. For instance, recreate a strawberry daiquiri by using strawberry gelatin and liqueur in this recipe. Mix and match the two ingredients as you see fit.
- Rum is the base for daiquiris, but you can certainly break that "rule" for these jello shots if you like. Try it with vodka or tequila instead.